This is a custom firmware for the Nokia N97 RM-505 based on the official version Nokia 22.0.110, it has been conceived and designed with the aim to be the least invasive as possible, in it there are not third-party software, there have only been important system changes and have been implemented new features, everything for the better usage of this terminal, for make it faster and more pleasant to use.
Remember that install on your phone a custom firmware voids the Nokia warranty and if the flash of the new firmware is not properly done it can cause an irreparable damage to the phone, so be careful.
Firstly a bit of technical knowledge regarding the Nokia firmware; The Nokia firmwares consist of several files including Core, Rofs2, Rofs3 and Uda and they are read by the OS exactly in the reverse order from that listed therein. Core, Rofs2 Rofs3 during the flash are copied in the unit Z, while the Uda is copied into C.
For now the Core is not editable but Rofs2, Rofs3 and Uda can be edited without problems.
This firmware, is composed by a clean UDA and by a ROFS3 completely edited;
The Mentor's Firmware includes 5 languages:
In it there are three types of customization:
- System customization
- Graphical customization
Last update: 22-11-2014
Go step by step and try to do a changelog as accurate as possible.
- The free space in C at first boot is about 60 Mb
- The free Ram memory at clean system is about 61 Mb
- Deleted the sms My Nokia at first boot
- Deleted Ovi Contacts
- Deleted Ovi Chat
- Deleted Ovi Music
- Deleted Boingo
- Deleted JoikuSpot
- Deleted Qik
- Deleted VLingo
- Added the "SwIpe to Unlock" to unlock the phone
- Added the "Restart" command to reboot the phone pressing the power on button
- Added the setting for "Carrier logo" to enable or disable the logo in: Menù>Settings>Phone>Display
- Added the new Gallery Image > best photo sorting, faster in the opening and able to edit the photos
- Added 3 widget Shortcuts > to have up to 12 shortcuts in the home
- Added the ability to move or remove the widged Profile(time, date and profile in use)
- Modded Installserver without problems with the QT > ability to install unsigned softwares
- SoftTouch > decreased vibration for the touch and for unlocking
- ShortMuliTap > decreased the time pressure to pass special characters
- T9 saved in the external memory E > new words added in the dictionary are saved even after formatting
- Swiceroot.dat > certificate 20 caps
- Edited the SWINI e Java policies
- Ability to send protected content
- More RAM > Messages, Contacts, Log and Clock will not start at boot time
- More RAM > The Camera does not hold more RAM to its output
- Moved the System Cache of the all units in the external memory E
- Decreased the colsing time of the apps
- Moved the Cache Browser in the external memory E and increased its size from 4 Mb to 30 Mb
- The Browser continues the interrupted downloads at next reboot of the phone
- Moved the Download folder in the mass memory E
- Rearranged the Image Gallery > it will load only the photos that are present in E:\Images
- Rearranged the Music Gallery > it will load only the music files that are present in E:\sounds\digital, E:\Music, E:\Playlists
- Will be loaded only the ringtones that are present in E:\sounds\simple
- Increased the Camera zoom
- Extended the duration of the voice recorder to 12 hours
- Extended to 2000 the number of sent messages saved
- Enhanced GPS signal
- Enhanced Wi-Fi signal
- Messages saved in E
- The files download by the browser are saved in E anche also if there is the memory-card
- Solved the bug about the installation of the QT softwares
- Changed the Start-up animation
- Added light theme effects with Super Turbo Manifest
- Added an icon that indicates the presence of the memory card
- Added the Shot-down animation
- Added the menu 4x4
- Changed the circle-menu
- Changed the system fonts
- Renamend and trnaslated every swipe
- "SwIpe to Unlock" in landscape with accelerometer
- Added the logos to the commands "Shut-down" and "Restart"
- Changed the voice "PC-Suite" in "Ovi Suite" at USB connection
- In this firmware has been implemented a system for backup\restore > at every boot has made in the path E:\data\backup the backup of some system files that are usually locked and there is the possibility to restore them after a factory reset
- MiniCmd: shell like MS-DOS(cmd)
- The phone vibrates when we answer or we close a call
How to use the utility for backup\restore:
After installing the firmware we will have in
in them there is the file BootCopy.dat
To make the backup we have to copy the file BootCopy.dat from the folder Backup in C:\ and then we have to reboot the phone.
In the same way to restore a backup we have to copy the file BootCopy.dat from the folder Restore in C:\ and then we have to reboot the phone; after having restored a backup we have to remove the file BootCopy.dat from C:\ otherwise at every boot the phone will restore the backup.
The file BootCopy.dat for the backup can be always present in C:\ in way to create a backup at every boot.
After installing the firmware in C:\ will be present the file BootCopy.dat for the backup.
The process is a little cumbersome but it is easier to do than to say.